Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nice And Calm

After what must have been a whole week of whirlwind events, yesterday was strangely quiet. No emails, no orders, no drama at all. I have to admit it was kind of nice. I spent most of the day comforting one sick child and keeping the well child entertained so she would stop jumping on her sister. I worked a little on a custom mask, but other than that, there was no tatting either. I suppose it is too soon to say whether this is the calm after the storm or simply a false calm like the eye of the storm.

So with all the non events of yesterday, I really have little to say today. Ooh, I did get some lovely earrings I ordered in the mail yesterday. So, I guess I'll show them to you. They are from duckduckgoosestuff and I absolutely love wearing them. I love unique earrings with simple lines, but have a nasty habit of losing them. I doubt that is possible as they would have to do some ridiculously complicated swerves to get out of my ear without me knowing.

I also want to pick up some of her ear coils meant to coil through several holes since I have 4 on the lobes of each ear and I love lacing ear threads through them. These pieces are incredibly simple, but create a striking image and I'm so glad I found this shop across the pond!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love those earrings and I did go look at her site. I only have 2 holes in my ears but I love the concept of them coiling around. I wonder if the spacing will work? Thanks for link!

TotusMel said...

She's has one for just two holes as well! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13045679

Anonymous said...

well thank you for the ad! I'm so pleased you like them - and I have every sympathy for the poorly children situation, mine were both appallingly unwell for a week (a busy week, obviously, I'm sure they do this on purpose!) in November. I hope yours are better soon - and good luck with the TV show!

Sophie