Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sigh

Well things are starting to settle a bit now, though I still haven't had enough sleep, nor cleaned everything that needs to be cleaned. I have gotten back to my needles though. On the trip I made a great burgundy version of my Portrait necklace for the magazine feature I mentioned, but that was all I tatted. Yesterday I made another portrait necklace, this time in green as a custom order and I started on a second one, also a custom order in black and green. I'm sure that I have mentioned that I dislike working with two colors. It is just so cumbersome to have that extra long cut thread dangling around, tempting the cats every time I pull the thread through. Hopefully, I can get this one done today, because there is more to do.

I assumed that business in the etsy store would disappear for a bit after my return as a natural result of being unavailable for a week. I was wrong. No, I'm not complaining, I just didn't anticipate having to get right to the task of remaking sold pieces. I haven't even contemplated any new designs as of late. I even purchased some new yarns to try out, but I don't know when I'll get around to them either.

Let's see...oh, yes I am still sticking to the corset training. I had hoped to get a new smaller corset when I returned this week, but we spent a bit more on our trip than we meant to. It's crazy how much you can spend on gas and food for a week, not to mention the really expensive souvenir trip to Nintendo headquarters. This just means I'll be spending a few more weeks in the one I have, that is getting more and more comfortable. I can even slouch a bit in it now.

Last bit of news today is more non-news. We still haven't gotten any news from the second loan holder on the house we're trying to buy. If you're keeping track, it has been over a month since the process started. I know that if we get the house all the waiting will have been worth it, but I fear it falling apart and all that time will have been wasted. Well that's enough dwelling on that. I hope to get pictures uploaded by the weekend so I can share some of my vacation with you, but I'm not promising anything. Until tomorrow.

No comments: