Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Light

The ant attacks yesterday were minimal, but not nonexistent. They have great resources behind these walls. Though, I thank you all for your poison free options. My amazing in-laws popped by yesterday and fixed the washer leak and we also finally received paperwork with our official close date on the house. Things were so odd toward the end, we weren't honestly sure that everything was finalized yet at all. It didn't really matter as we're in the house and no one is getting us out at this point.

And for the first time in about a week, I pulled out my tatting. The light in this living room, even in the late afternoon is fabulous. I got so used to working in a little dungeonous corner that I forgot what natural light can do. I actually managed to finish up a pair of ankle corsets, though only because I discovered that I had already made one before the move. I had completely forgotten what I was working on at all really. Now I just need the etsy store to start selling again.

If you're curious, my foot looks a lot better and the hobbling is slightly reduced. I actually wish that I had taken a picture of it yesterday as the blue shade was striking and it's mostly faded at this point. I figure I'll be walking like a normal person by weeks end, if the kids let me rest the thing for a couple more days. They don't seem to get it at all.

I'll get some more tatting done today with the foot up. All those boxes in the garage can wait until I feel better, right?

...oh crap the ants are back.

2 comments:

. c h o k l i t . said...

Sweet light should make for lovely pictures, too... so glad you're finally in your new home.

Fox said...

Good luck in your new digs! I think broken toes are just a good omen - as is tatting in the better light! Have fun amid all the moving chores. It will all get done eventually! Fox : ))