Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Day

First, I want to say thanks for the 'there, there's' and reminding me that I was lucky just to have my pieces chosen to be in a magazine. I know that really, but I think I blew it out of proportion in my head which is of course a sure sign that one will be disappointed in the end.

So that disappointed started a chain reaction of annoyances probably fueled by house buying stress, that made my morning miserable. No matter how much I got done, I didn't feel accomplished at all. I managed to finish two mask, do laundry, dishes and scrub the kitchen floor, yet I was looking for the next thing that needed to be done. I got happier when the mailman arrived. I got my crystal order which I didn't expect yet and a pair of free Coraline t-shirts from a twitter friend. So' yay!' for the mailman.

We also got a call from out real estate agent in the afternoon. We had been hoping the current home owners would sell us their refrigerator because it matched the steel appliances unlike out blindingly white one, but no...they decided against it, though they did try to sell us a pair of beds for $2200. Yeah, we're cool without those. Anyway, the second bank did finally produce a written approval and now everyone is working to get this thing closed as quickly as possible. I don't mind telling you that I'm weirded out by all the things happening without us. Banks talking to agents talking to other banks and the loan guys and we're just sitting here waiting for someone to actually ask us for money and our signatures. Meanwhile, I'm cleaning in anticipation of our move out inspection and worrying about who needs an address change and when do I actually get to do that.

Now that I have my crystals, I can start working on the embellished masks. Though I've got a pair of ankle corsets on the needle right now and a couple of quadra bracelets to remake as well. I do find it odd that I seem to have more work now than I did when I had more orders. Well, back to it then.

1 comment:

. c h o k l i t . said...

Hooray for the mailman bearing treats!

Keep hanging in there with this move. Sounds like there's a lot of hurry up and wait.

I thought the mag spread was quite lovely, even though it wasn't what you had hoped for. Every little bit of exposure helps!