Friday, April 30, 2010

At The End Of The Week

Have we already arrived at Friday? Well it wasn't exactly a whirlwind of a week, but it seemed to end rather quickly. Perhaps that's because everything interesting happened midweek, not leaving me enough time to go great things with my new toys. I did make one last beetle wing piece yesterday. This one is just my small heart with the wing case hanging from it. I know, I promise I will get those crazy amazing necklaces made up at some point. I'm a little nervous right now because I still haven't gotten a ship confirmation for my thread order and I am truly almost out of black thread. I may just have to chill on the new stuff until it arrives to keep the thread for orders. Sure, I could go out and buy some meantime...if they've restocked, but after you spend as much as I just spent on thread it seems silly to spend any more for a while.

I do of course have other thread colors I could work with, but maybe I'll just take the weekend off anyway and relax a bit. I spent a large portion of yesterday cleaning. I actually got rid of a few boxes that have been holding on since we moved in...over six months ago. There are however a whole bunch more still littering the house. I also did the great switch out of kids clothes, swapping winter for spring and summer and bagging up those that are too small. Then sighing at all the cute things they'll never wear again. Anyway, I might do some more of that this weekend rather than tat my fingers off, but who knows, I just got a request for custom wedding jewelry and that is always tempting.

2 comments:

EJPcreations said...

Such a pretty necklace. Well done! Can't wait to see the wedding jewelry.

Typstatting said...

What a gorgeous necklace, just love it!!!