Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Next Project

I always feel like such a bum the day after I post a bunch of new stuff. Yesterday I had new pieces, features and well stuff to share. Today, well...I've got a bunch of nothing. Shortly after rising yesterday I realized that I had not escaped the cold that has been making it's way through the household. I was rocking the sore throat, snuffles and most annoying, the exhaustion. It was really a wonder I was able to get as much done yesterday as I did, but since it was mostly working on sold pieces I've got nothing to show you.

I do have a challenge to begin today however. A lovely lady I worked very hard with to make the perfect veil for had a bit of a setback with her dress, consequently the piece I made for her no longer matches so she needs another. The challenge lies in her wedding date fast approaching and she lives in Canada so I need to get the sucker whipped out today. I don't even want to imagine how stressful this situation is for her, but I must admit to a bit of it for my part as well. I mean that's a lot of pressure. I do enjoy working on a deadline on occasion, but the added pressure of the importance of the event really kicks it up a notch. Her new dress is a navy blue number so I've going with the same thread I used for the moths and some gray with some ostrich feathers. I've also got a little silver veiling left over. It's not enough for a true birdcage veil, but a hint of one. I think I'll use the same pattern I did before, add some crystals and we should be good to go. Yes, I am planning out the piece via blog post, but I didn't have much to say otherwise so...yeah. I'll be sure to get pictures so then I will have something new to share tomorrow.

4 comments:

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

so what are you going to do with the first veil? Are you going to sell it on etsy? I may be interested. :-) lesleyd at the gmail

TotusMel said...

She already has the first veil, not sure what she plans to do with it.

KD said...

Let me first just say I have so much gratitude for the fact you took the project on with such a crazy deadline!

I didn't have anything in mind for the original veil. If you can find someone for it I would be happy to ship it :)

Nunt said...

Hello you Amazing Crazy Tatting Lady whose work I've admired at Etsy numerous times - just had to take a peek here too :) Got around taking my needle out again as my wrist got fucked by a painting job we did in the bedroom and I can't knit at the moment. Got an eureka-moment when I realized needle-tatting uses mostly just my left hand while the right is stationary. I was going bonkers...

Anyway, just wanted to boggle at your blog and get all depressed and whatnot by your skills and the lack of my own :D