Monday, January 31, 2011

New York

What a weekend. So Friday afternoon I got a special payment in my paypal. I prepped a very large box of lace and put it in the mail. This morning it should be in New York on its way to a fashion house and quite honestly I am a bundle of nerves. You know the ones...will they like everything once they see it? Will they really use everything? Will it really get seen by all the people I am imagining that it will and will they like it? You see, I think this is one of those, everything on the line, sort of moments. It could mean everything or nothing and I won't know until it happens. As you might have guessed I've been giving this a lot of thought. I'd been keeping the whole thing at arms length, but shipping the package made it real...very real. So a few more details for you then, the show will be held at The Standard Hotel in New York city on the evening of the 13th. I'm still keeping a few details in for now, I guess I am still playing it close to the vest. I don't know whether it will be televised or streamed online, but given past events, there will be pictures soon after and likely YouTube videos as well. So I guess we'll see how it plays.

In other less interesting news, I did make up a few more simple one off over the weekend. I'm almost out of these metal bits I've been working around, but they are no nice for making up something quick and easy. There is another one up made over a tear shape in red as well. I think I am going to be working on getting some stock built up on a few pieces, you know just in case this whole fashion show business does attract a few extra eyeballs.

Then I have new project to work on that was presented to me over the weekend. We had a lovely night out with friends again. I tell you, it's almost as if we have a social life. Anyway, there was a request for an even larger bells and coin piece and I've been working out what base could create the desired silhouette and still hold the weight. I think this might need to be a new design, but first things first, getting that stock made and worrying about things in New York which I cannot control. The next two weeks might as well be months.

1 comment:

Suztats said...

Keeping fingers crossed for you.....