Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Family Skulls

I didn't get up to as much as I had hoped yesterday. As I dug through my fresh grab bag, I was distracted and thus less inspired by its contents than usual. However, I did manage to pick out a few odds and ends and made up this necklace. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating on the tatting when I make one of these since the tatting is just a part of and not the whole of the piece, but hey, diversity is the spice of life. Anyway, it isn't listed yet, hopefully I'll get round to that today and maybe try again for a bit of inspiration.

In other news, I thought I'd give you a peek at some of the family crafts we've been up to since that fateful trip to Michaels over the weekend. The masks were done by the kids. The youngest did the red and white one...she has repeatably shared that she is pretending that the red is blood. The oldest went for 'realistic' with hers, as long as real skulls have black glitter between their teeth. The fancy coffin there is mine, but both the girls are working on those as well. In a shocking development, they have both accepted that they need to work on them in phases. This means they are actually waiting overnight for the first coats of paint to dry before decorating them. This is a degree of patience I did not think them capable of and it's quite refreshing.

So again, I start the day without a clear plan in place. I might go left or right or get lazy and do nothing of significance. Or perhaps something interesting will happen outside my influence to turn my day in unexpected directions. I'm voting for that last one, if you're wondering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the necklace although its not completely tatted ...

CrochetBlogger said...

I think the necklace is cute. Doesn't have to be considered cheating. :)