Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Scrolls

So the new choker got listed yesterday right after schooling which did go much smoother on day two. I suppose it just takes her a bit to get back into the swing of things. The choker was not nearly as well received as the necklaces that preceded it. Add that to the complete lack of sales lately and I was pretty bummed after that. Though honestly I'm not 100% in love with some of my choices on the pieces either. It will probably end up being a one off with the next version slightly different particularly at the top edge.

Once I finished sulking I had other ideas though and I got to work on a bracelet idea for the design. It too took a little extra work to make happen. I mostly used the choker as a base, but the center scrolling had to be longer and I added the same motif I used on the sides of the choker to the center top. I wasn't sure until the very end whether it was going to be a slave bracelet or not, but if definitely looks better like that. The sun was already nearly gone by the time I finished this one, so it's still waiting for it's shop debut.

As one piece seems to inspire another, so did the slave bracelet get tried on my foot to see if it could become a barefoot sandal. Guess what? It can. Again there were some adjustments to be made to the design, but honestly the fewest between pieces. The main body was already large enough and I mostly had to shorten the bracelets length and add the crochet chain ties. I only got one done yesterday and it was really late by this point. Mind you my really late is much earlier than yours likely is, but still it was the last thing I did for the day. All the new stuff still needs to be pressed and worn around a bit to make sure it's all battle ready, but I should be able to finish the other sandal and get both those and the bracelet listed today.

Last bit for today is an announcement and a question. Friday will be my 1000th blog post here and after some goading yesterday my blog follower numbers just hit 500. Yes, I know that means I have babbled quite a lot in the last few years. The point is I'd like to do something to mark the occasion and a giveaway usually does the trick. So now for the question: What would you like to win? Be honest now, what would make you take the time to leave a comment to enter? I will seriously consider all suggestions and the giveaway will go up on Friday with a winner pulled on Monday.

6 comments:

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Any of your necklaces! I would love to own one, and I really like the Studded Flower.

rsmre said...

I agree with Denise, one of your necklaces would be great.

pen said...

necklace or bracelet - they are my favorites - have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a necklace or bracelet - everything you make is gorgeous (even if people don't buy them, that's their loss).

Bonnie said...

I agree with everyone. One of your necklaces would be great.I really like the new one that you made. (Your work is always beautiful)
Bonnie M

Ms Jamie said...

Hey Pamela, I have been following your blog for a while now. I found you about a year ago when I picked up tatting myself. Being from Canada I have discovered a vibrant tatting community online Congratulations on your 1000th post. I have found reading your musings, witty, charming,and inspirational. Like all of the other posts any of your gorgeous pieces would be a fabulous prize.