Friday, February 17, 2012

Done And Listed

I'm certain that I mentioned my daughter recently advanced to the next grade level in a few subjects that she was enjoying and we finally got in the new books Monday for her Science and History. What I don't think I have mentioned is that the length of the time needed to complete these new lessons has increased...well, a bit more than expected. My morning schooling sessions have begun to stretch out another hour and while I have no problem doing all that is needed to educate the kids, it has left me with less time to get anything else done.  I assume that this is just transitional and as I get used to it, I will naturally adjust my schedule as I've done many times before. Until then I have a feeling that I will be less accomplished, more exhausted and far less interesting online.

As soon as schooling was wrapped, I did get to the one big task for the day, the photo shoot. I employed my daughter for a stand-in to get the focus right and used the camera remote and a short delay to get the necessary back shots. I was quite relieved when they turned out okay. I also trolled the listing on etsy for the back drop necklace to check the other photos and it seems that most of them went with a mannequin so that makes me feel even better about the modeled pictures turning out. I did also get the necklace named, a bit of a tribute there, priced and listed, so at least one task complete.

Now that this one is complete though, I'm, not sure what I'm doing next. There aren't too many awesome ideas rattling around inside my head right now. I decided not to remake the recently sold masks, as I have others listed with the same patterns just in different colors and let's face it, at nearly 300 items, my shop is bloody full enough. So I guess I wait and see what presents itself. I might get back to the sculpture project I keep yammering on about, but I'm still at a loss on which direction that one is going. I'm waiting for inspiration to hit for that too. So I'm leaving you on a Friday with nothing to look forward to on Monday...I'm sure I'll think of something.

5 comments:

victats@gmail.com said...

Love the back on the necklace. I read somewhere that people see more of your back than your front. This makes someone walking away more interesting. I'm a chiropractor so I think I have a weird thing for backs. lol

victats@gmail.com said...

Love the back on the necklace. I read somewhere that people see more of your back than your front. This makes someone walking away more interesting. I'm a chiropractor so I think I have a weird thing for backs. lol

Jen (pieKnits) said...

I think this turned out particularly stunning, one of my fav pieces!

Vicky said...

The pictures look great! And the neclace is beautiful! Victats, I'm a chiropractor, too, so I definitely know what you mean! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a truly stunning design! I love the idea of a necklace with an interesting back - I have longish hair so it wouldn't show much... or it could totally make a statement wearing it up, of course!

I am just tatting Queen's feet again (I did them as my first "big" project a couple of years ago), so you are in my mind - Thank you again for the lovely pattern!