Friday, April 13, 2012

The Sky Is Falling

Well, we went out adventuring again yesterday. We took a trip out of town to shop a little and go out to lunch and then home. It was a fairly unproductive shopping trip, which is probably a good thing is the long run. As late afternoon rolled around the weather got...we'll go with interesting. You see, our weather is boring... blissfully, predictably boring. The sky doesn't attack us here, at least not usually. The thunder began rolling continuously and the lightning flashed and flashed and then the truly odd event occurred, hail. Sure, we get hail here, but it's the size of grains of rice and that's how this started. Then it got bigger and bigger and as the family stood on the porch watching, it became golf balls pummeling everything. Again, I am aware that this is normal some places, but I've lived here all my life and never have I seen this before, so I took pictures.

Of course the weather wasn't the only significant event yesterday, though it was certainly the loudest. I wanted to say thank you for all of the congratulations I got regarding the magazine. I was excited to hear how many Canadian friends would actually be able to see the magazine.  If anyone does run across it in a store, I would love a picture flipped to one of the mask pictures on the shelf. Don't go out of your way though. The last thing I wanted to share actually occurred overnight, my 2000th sale on etsy (insert confetti and balloons). This is especially good timing as you can see in the screen shot my 6th anniversary on the site is less than a week away. Okay, it would have been better timing if it had happened that day, but I won't complain about that.

So, yesterday I shared a magazine article, the sky attacked and I made a milestone sale. I'm thinking today and the weekend, might pale in comparison. There are no more big family plans scheduled so I'll try to get back to tatting and the one last butterfly cross stitch while the rain continues to fall in buckets.

3 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Great! Congratulations!

On the hail - it's possible to have real damage from this, including to your roof. If you own your home, you may wish to call your insurance agent about possible hail damage to your roof. They can replace it for you.

We've had softball sized hail - it's scary!

** jess! ** said...

Well first off, congrats on your 2000th sale! That's wonderful!!
That hail is huge! I've only seen hail like that once, and it was right before a tornado.

Anonymous said...

We've gotten hail like that in Denver. It can be seriously damaging, especially to plants and people. I'm glad it's an infrequent occurrence in your area.

On a happier note: Congratulations on your 2000th sale. That's a big milestone. But I think with all the (well-deserved) recognition you're getting it won't take very long for you to get to 3000 - or more.