Thursday, June 14, 2012

About

I had plenty to tat yesterday and I still have some left over for today as well, but that's not what took up a huge chunk of my afternoon. No, that was etsy's fault, yet again. As you probably know, I've been selling my goods there for quite some time, over six years actually. I've seen a ridiculous amount of changes over there, mostly good. Heck I still remember when it was run by like 6 people and I was the only tatter on the site, but I digress. They had recently made yet another change in introducing an 'About' page. The page is set up with fancy fonts and layouts for more pictures and we are encouraged to fill it out. Honestly I'd been stalling because the ones that I had seen already made were, you know, perfect. They have long, clever stories and perfectly cropped photos and I just wasn't feeling up to the task.

So yesterday, with no more orders in queue I thought it was time to tackle it. I've already gotten some opinions from twitter and facebook on the results, but I'd love yours as well. See, I figure most of the folks in those two locations are either other etsy sellers or loyal customers/fans/friends. My guess is that more of you might look at it more as a shopper. So if you get a chance, check out the page here and let me know what you think. You know I crave constant feedback on so many things and I appreciate you indulging me.

So today I have at least one or two more pieces that need to be remade and listed. After that it's back to project 'stock the shop'. I know that it's quite some time until the holidays, but I keep thinking how wonderful it would be to have multiples of well selling pieces by that point. I don't know how long I can keep it up of course, but it doesn't hurt to try. Except for my back, that is killing me.

8 comments:

Fox said...

Love it. Packs pretty with a punchy, promotional message. Nice work.
Fox

jenilin said...

I love your work but I have to say it is hard to have someone so awesome to look up to I am challenged daily to find the beauty within my art that i see in yours.

jenilin said...

I love your work but I have to say it is hard to have someone so awesome to look up to I am challenged daily to find the beauty within my art that i see in yours.

BlondEngineer said...

I think your 'about' page is perfectly lovely. There's lots of pretty to look at and an honest, non-sappy story to go with it.

The woman at church who taught me to tat always said that it wasn't a lost art, it was a lost sickness, and now I've caught it too! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's really well done. You did a good job with the writing - it tells your story without being too wordy, and the ending brings it right back to the reader ("so have you"), which is great. But I especially like the pictures. Showing you both at work and on your "off" time with your family shows both your personal and professional sides, and the other photos make it almost like a resume (or a portfolio, I guess). And it's wonderful that you can use more than one and have them rotate, and I suspect you could change them out periodically as needed too. What a great idea. All in all, *very* well done.

Anonymous said...

Well Pam, I don't know what the feedback on fb/tweeter has been, but I think your "About" is perfect!

I particularly love the pic of you tatting.

But the wording seems perfect for the job too. Sensible and personal and appealing without being detached, sappy or pushy... Go you!

TotusMel said...

Sincere thanks to all of you for taking the time to check it out! I was worried about my bio bit, so I'm relieved that it reads well!

THANKS!!!

Cindy said...

Your words are like your tatting - perfect for the occasion!