Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Summer Now

I tried to be lazy, I swear. Of course it was pointed out to me during the course of the day that I might not actually know the meaning of that word. It's true...I mean I know what it is as a concept and I often describe myself as lazy for not doing what I don't want to, but you know that I can't stop moving, or doing for any length of time. Yesterday began with laundry and dishes and then when it would have been school time, me and the girls went on a nice walk. We saw bugs, a freshly downed tree, a ridiculous number of swallows and finally something we have never seen around these parts...a raccoon. Squirrels, rabbits, hares, even evidence of serious beaver activity, sure, but this is the first raccoon.

When we got home, I tried to be lazy some more, but there was still laundry to do. I did manage to waste some time playing a ridiculous iphone game, but then I beat it and I had to do something else with my time. So I picked up some yellow thread and made another pair of the new barefoot sandals with teal beads. In a wonderful twist, after I showed just this one on facebook the pair was already spoken for and it was purchased before I could even list them. So there is a good chance that I'll be doing up a pair of them again today so I can list them. Apparently the color combination is quite appealing and seasonally appropriate.

So that was my lazy day and now here we are at Friday. We will probably go on another walk very early this morning because it's supposed to break 100º and that means I'm hibernating. Or the opposite of that. What's it called when you hide inside an air conditioned cave to avoid the heat? I'm not sure there's a word for it, but that's what I'll be doing from noon on. Then I'll make up another pair of yellow barefoot sandals and hopefully have a pleasant weekend.

2 comments:

Ann Martin said...

Anyone who is up posting at this early hour of the morning is not lazy! Have a happy, relaxing summer; you've earned it.

Maureen said...

It's the first day of winter here! - enjoy your lovely lazy summer.