Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another Day

Another day, another tooth. I thought I'd lead with this this morning. Lunchtime and leftover pizza coaxed the second tooth out of her mouth and the proud child is now happily sticking her tongue into the new gap. I'm sure she'd want the internet to see her new trick. Of course I'm still reeling a bit over this and her starting school. You know, it's the whole, 'my baby is growing up!' thing. The thing I'm assuming most parents both desire and fear. Oh well, you can't stop time any more than you can speed it forward.

I made a little more progress tatting yesterday than I thought I would. I managed a pair of barefoot sandals, a pendant and one of my quicker to make masks. I also barely made a peep online once schooling started. I'm starting to feel a little more like a hermit than even I'd like. Between schooling, tatting and the occasional household drama to deal with I've little time to be social. Sure I still have twitter scrolling next to me, but I'm merely lurking, not engaging. My facebook fan page is sadly neglected and while I add at least one tumblr post a day, I can't remember the last time I popped by pintrest or flickr. I fear all this neglect is not helping my shop one bit either. I think I need to make more of an effort and I suppose that means I need to add these things to my routine. It's the only sure way to get them done. Also, to anyone who thinks running a cute little etsy store is easy and little effort, think again.

I still have quite a list of things that need to be remade, so my day will again be that of a hermit, tatting away all the time left over after teaching the children. I'll catch up one day...maybe.

No comments: