Friday, September 7, 2012

So Lazy

Well, I did half of what I said I would do yesterday, but I didn't get the newest bracelet photographed or listed. I'd like to blame the overcast nature of the day which provided no natural light by which to take photos. Of course that's only partly true. I really just didn't feel like putting in the extra effort required to take good pictures when the sun isn't cooperating. Maybe today will be better and I'll get it done without any of that pesky effort I try so hard to avoid.

The bulk of the day was spent remaking a mask and cat ears. I got one of each done, but I think I want to double up on both of the pieces so I'm going to do a repeat of yesterday to get that done. Then I might start working on all the white pieces I've been putting on the back burner. Just avoiding more effort again. I find it difficult sometimes to reconcile my innate laziness with my desire to be working all the time. These two things shouldn't exist in the same person, yet they absolutely do. I can't stop tatting, taking care of the household, family and other business stuff, but each of those things has an invisible limit I won't cross. Instead of committing effort beyond the limit, I just switch gears and go to another task. I'm sure a therapist would have a field day with that, but it's just the way of my world.

There are no big plans on tap for the weekend, so who know what we'll get up to or what I might tat up during any down time. There are no big projects looming, but I can clearly see the holiday season from here and I can't let myself forget how quickly it arrives and steals all my free time away. Great, now I'm going to be thinking about that all day. I'm going to stop writing now and get on with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This link was shared in one of the Facebook tatting groups yesterday. Thought you might be interested since you were mentioned in the article.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/07/26/tatting-tales-not-just-for-grannies-any-more/