Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Art Of Stalling

I stalled really good yesterday, getting next to nothing done. Well, that's not entirely true. I managed to successfully school the children, do the laundry and run some errands. Then I put together all the gift tatting with it's hardware and boxed it. However after I finished all these things, I did not start tatting things from my increasing large queue nor figure out what other gifts I still need to make. No, I stalled and I stalled some more. I stalled with video games, I stalled with crochet and I stalled with random acts of cleaning. I must have really needed a tatting break.

Toward the end of the afternoon I made a single sale so I did remake the lapel pin that sold. Of course I did that mostly because I can never remember the proper stitch count I use in the center to work around the odd number of beads unless I'm looking right at it. There are just some pieces that are best remade before I ship the existing one. Of course it doesn't help that I worked the original piece up from an old illustration without a pattern. All these stitch counts are made up nonsense that somehow ended up looking just enough like the picture to work for me.

So today is likely more of the same. That queue isn't getting any smaller, Christmas isn't getting any further away and at some point I really am going to have to buckle down and get stuff really done so I have half a chance to relax after the holidays are through. I have no illusions that today will be that day, but perhaps if I write it down for the world to see enough it will sink in soon. Man, I do miss the lazy days of Summer right about now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, now I don't feel so bad. I was the same way yesterday; I have two major projects I'm (supposed to be) working on and I didn't get to either of them. It must have been a "stalling" kind of day.

(I did however manage to achieve 1,400,000 points in Bookworm. Now that's an accomplishment. :) )