Friday, March 8, 2013

Working

I spent the morning finishing up Josephine chains and most of the rest of the day remaking a mask. I could probably stop writing right there as that was truly the bulk of the day. Most of the masks I make take at least a full day to make. There are a couple that take longer, but only one I can finish and still have time to do more things and luckily that was the one I was working on yesterday.

It was pretty late in the afternoon when I finished so I was only able to get a few motifs made for the other piece in queue, my lace maille necklace. So I thought I'd take a picture of those to liven up what is obviously a very event free post.

I'll be working on this necklace likely all day today. The motifs are easy, but there are over two dozen of them to make and then I get to sew on the swarovski crystals. Finally I join them all together with jump rings. Last time I remade this I didn't have a picture of the whole configuration. I lacked an image of the part that goes around back so it took way too long to figure out how I did it the first time. This time I remembered to take a photo of the one going out to it's owner laid flat. You'd think I'd be more vigilant with photos since it's clear that I'll never start writing patterns out as I create them, but I'm not.

I'm hoping for a nice weekend with the family, some friends and maybe another sale, or idea, or project so my Monday post won't bore you to death like this one probably did.

1 comment:

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Love your needle tatting! I've finally figured out how to do the split chain tatting.