Thursday, April 18, 2013

Color

I didn't get to play with my new little flourish at all yesterday, but that's okay. I didn't get to play because I got a nice little custom order in the afternoon. So I stopped my remaking marathon to make up a few bracelets in custom colors and lengths. I actually had three to do, but I took the photo at two because I wasn't certain I'd finish the third while there was still good enough light to take a picture. The third was done in navy thread and the whole pile was a bit more colorful than I'm used to, but I think it was a good diversion from the usual.

After they were done I still had some time in the evening to work on more remaking and I think I may have actually gotten almost to the end of it. I needed to order more bobby pin bases so I can remake those though. The large order ate up all I had on hand in silver tone and black. Once those come in, I'll have to get those made as well. I should also take inventory of my threads. I know I'm running low on a few and I should take the time to figure out which so I can make a proper order, but it's such a pain in the neck.

I'll probably go over my 'sold out' list with a fine tooth comb and see if there's anything else that really needs to be remade. Then I'll avoid this whole thread inventory thing by playing with the flourish. Then I might resign myself to doing it anyway, but too late to do it right. As usually I'll also be crossing my fingers that I get approached about making or doing something that requires more immediate attention thus avoiding the tasks I really ought to do anyway. I may be a bit dysfunctional, but at least I'm honest about it.

No comments: