Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chaos and Family

It was another very long day around here. I felt pretty neglectful of my guest while we did schooling, but he didn't seem to mind. We schooled and grandpa read. I was pretty determined to get some tatting done though, so after schooling was wrapped, I tatted while we chatted. Every time he visits the stories get more interesting, especially when he talks about his parents before he was born and I realize that we're talking about things nearly 100 years ago and it's history. Though the later stories with how his brothers manged to nearly kill themselves with injuries are definitely more entertaining.

Of course the real chaos occurred when the rest of the family was over for dinner. The cousins get loud, the cats all hid and the stories start to fly from everyone. Once they all finally exit for the evening we were so exhausted that it was almost straight bed for all of us. I love my family, but man they are a handful. The house is still clean, so I'm just hoping I can maintain the cleanliness until the holidays when we do this all over again, but with more food. I know, it's a long shot.

I think grandpa is heading off down south today to visit his brother so the household will get back to normal and I will really get working on that queue of tatting. I just barely made a dent yesterday and finished one mask.

One last thing, the lovely Cindy Marks who does Artizen Magazine, put my tatted spiders in their latest issue.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Wow! Your tatted spiders look EXACTLY like the ones that were attacking me in my dreams a couple nights ago! Glad to know they are harmless. :)