Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snowflakes

Boredom struck again yesterday while I was making up another pair of ankle corsets to have on hand. I wanted to do something new, but I didn't have any really good ideas. After about the 10th Christmas commercial, I decided to use my rage over said commercials and make a snowflake, but in black because that's how I roll. It wasn't perfect out of the gate, but I always like a little Celtic look so I was willing to work on it.




 Like tatted hearts, there are probably hundreds of snowflake patterns, so I really don't know how original this one is.  I took another go at the design in gray because I wanted to make it easier to create. The second time I actually made the outside section first and then the inside so the outside could have nice flowing chains instead of awkward joins. It certain looks better, but it's still a bit fiddly to make. I'm still trying to decide whether I should make up a pdf pattern for this to sell or should I just make them for the shop. There are plenty of other tatters making snowflakes and I just hate to step into other folks established domain. I guess time will tell.

I might play with this some more today or I might get back to work on the ankle corsets. I'm hoping I get some orders so the decision of what to tat with my time will be made for me. It's always better when I'm creating for other people.

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great design!! :)

Deana MacKenzie said...

looking good and looks like it would be fun to tat up. It does look somewhat familiar but I have no idea from where. You do such amazing work I can't figure out where all your ideas come from but sure do wish I had that imagination. I'm no good without a pattern to follow.