Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day Two

Day two of the year and at least one thing is stunningly clear. I will not be attempting any sort of 365 project. Sure, I thought of a few things I could do, but I had so little motivation to start any of them yesterday that the window for a successful project closed right up. It's a good thing really. Instead maybe I'll modify one of the ideas to be born later as a less than rigidly timed project. It's always so easy to think big on New Year's Day.

I did, however, manage to get back to tatting once a bit of schooling had been accomplished. I had gotten a couple of orders that contained the only tatted keys I have on hand. I knew that if I didn't at least remake one before I shipped them away this morning I'd be back in the same, awkwardly making from a photo drama, that I was in the other day. So I made the keys. Then after they were done I made a few more small pieces. I still have some bigger ones in the queue, but it felt like a pretty good start to the day.

The rest of the day was finishing the crochet legwarmers, though I think I might make them a tad longer, going on a couple of family walks to break up the Twilight Zone marathon and generally sitting about. It was as close to routine as I expect a holiday to get.

Though there was still an ant incursion and a few other minor annoyances, it was definitely better than the last day of the year and included an early morning sale in the shop, so I'm going to go ahead and take that as a sign of things to come and then work really hard at making that happen. Today will be more remaking for the shop and perhaps that last bit of crochet I mentioned. By next week I should be fiending for some design time and the year will really start rolling by.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh the keys are cute and I bet a big hit on you etsy love them! and the leg warmers are fun looking too! Looks like a great start to me!