Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Recap

Anytime my routine is altered, I am reminded how much of a creature of habit I really am. I mean, honestly I'm pretty flexible and I can go with the flow, but I am just so much more comfortable when things go as I supposed. While we did manage to get a few of the usual errands in and a couple of family walks, it was mostly just me and girls. I'm actually surprised that I didn't go mad after all the Lego battles/arguments and the lack of anything too pressing to get tatting. I did remake a couple of pieces and we watched Pushing Daisies, but that was pretty much it.

As for tatting, I worked on adjusting my dream catcher design for a custom order and that's the only slightly original work I did. The customer requested just 9 petals, so I did math to work out how to make that happen. It's always a little more fiddly when you have a solid object involved so the stitch count must stay within a very small range to work. Luckily it worked out with very little stress. Though when I went to purchase more rings, I was disappointed to learn that the same ones I have been getting, changed. They had always been closed or soldered together and now they are open rings, so I spent some time sealing them together myself. I can work around them the other way, but it 's much more delicate work to make certain the stitches don't slip though at the break.

The thread to make this custom order should, theoretically be in today some time. Once it arrives, I expect this work to take me at least a few days as there are many pieces involved. This makes me very happy.

In other news I woke up to a sale of two pieces which means just one more sale until that magical number 3000. I'm crossing my fingers that it occurs soon, so I can bask in it for a little while. Oh, and when it does occur, I'll be posting a giveaway post. I have several pieces to give away, so it should be a good time for all.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Instead of sealing the crack, what about a fine tape over the split? Might be easier and work as well.
Fox : )

God's Kid said...

Great dream catcher!! I have some rings with the open split too and I use a piece of tape on them. :)