Monday, December 29, 2014

It's Over

Happy Monday all! It is most assuredly not back to normal in my household as the working and schooling members are all still on vacation for one more week. We are, however, back to our usual 4 human and 6 cat residents. At the height of the holiday week we were up by 3 humans and 2 cats sleeping here and 20 people visiting. I'm fairly certain that the cats are the most relieved to see our guests depart. They were not only especially cuddly last night, but they let me sleep until my alarm went off this morning instead of rousing me a half an hour earlier like they've done for days.

I've still not touched a tatting needle, but I did continue to knit over the weekend. I started out with a cowl when I realized, several rows in, that I'd made a fatal mistake. I scrapped it out of frustration and switched gears entirely. I'm now working on a new pair of arm warmers for myself in ridiculously thin yarn. We'll call it a baby step back to thread. We also spent time with family over the weekend before they departed. First it was, video game playing with one set of cousins and then with the other. Then there was a lovely trip out to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law for Indian food and yesterday we finally went to see the final Hobbit movie. I'm ready for a vacation from the vacation.

We don't have any solid plans for the week, so I guess we'll just play the whole thing by ear. I'll keep knitting with my sitting time and try to remember to get some photos at least. I'm still shooting for getting back to tatting next week. I'm hoping the time off will do me good, but it has yet to create any epiphanies. I'll stay the course and hope for the best.

1 comment:

Tally Tatty said...


I am sure that you don't want to miss all this lovely chaos, TM!
Have a happy 2015