Monday, June 1, 2015

Thanks

Sometimes we plan busy weekends and sometimes they just become that without planning. This one was the latter. In the morning we attended a violin recital for my niece which was equal parts awesome and awful. In the late afternoon we went out to the movies with one of our favorite people. There wasn't much time between there, but what there was we used for errands. On Sunday we visited family and were visited by other family for much of the day.

So as you might have guessed I made little progress on anything. I did however, finish the bobbin lace piece I was working with on Friday. I'm not going to point out my most glaring mistake here. I am going to say that working around is much less fun than I hoped. I know that's most due to the equipment I'm working with, but I really can't do anything about that right now.

I did get a lovely email over the weekend with some wonderful bobbin lace advice. Of course I cannot find the email now to save my life...man, I hope my reply went through. Anyway, if I rudely did not email back, I wanted to say thank you so much for the helpful advice. I have yet to be able to put any of it into practice, but I will. Also I am glad to hear that tension in bobbin lace is like any other fiber art in that it just requires practice.

I do have a pair of tatted barefoot sandals to remake today, so I'll get those made as well as work on the current piece of bobbin lace I've got pinned up. It's currently kicking my butt a bit now so I may not have anything nice to day about it tomorrow. Time will tell.

No comments: