Friday, July 24, 2015

The Last of It

I finished everything I was working on yesterday. That might sound like a good thing, but it's left me with the task of figuring out what to do next. I got all the crystals sewn on the last piece of tatting I was remaking for the shop. So, very, many, crystals. Then I got that necklace actually put together and in the shop again.

I took a few breaks from crystal sewing to get the purple necklace from yesterday photographed and listed. Then as I was about to list the barefoot sandals I realized that I had yet to ask for permission to sell something made from another person's design. I did modify it quite a bit for my purposes, but not enough that you wouldn't recognize it from it's original form, so permission would be needed. Thankfully a fairly quickly answered email granted that permission for me. I know I've posted it here before, but in case you wanted to learn Romanian point lace, the tutorial here by Joanne is so straight forward you can't go wrong. Once I had completed it, I was off with enough background information to start making my own pieces.

So that leaves me with plans for today. Yeah, I don't really have any. The shop has been in ghost town mode since my sale ended, so new pieces really need remaking. I've got a few rpl cords made up, but I'm hesitant to make anymore pieces until one of them actually sells from the new section. I'm still one pair of bobbins short from having enough to try any new patterns and without some sales in the shop, I can't justify buying any more. I've got some felted art kits I got a couple of weekends ago I can use to waste some time, but as usual I'd prefer some inspiration or a sale. Here's to a weekend where the Universe sends me something interesting and amazing. If not, I'll poke some wool for awhile to keep my hands busy.

No comments: