Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bigger

It took the entire day to finish up the mask I was working on. Okay, not the entire day, but much of it. I was starting to think I was never going to finish covering the wire, but late in the afternoon I was able to. Of course I blame my slowness on laundry day. That plus schooling and hair dying chewed though most of the day easily. At least I slept on fresh sheets and my hair is a dark shade of blues and purples this morning.

I had just enough time to tackle one more round of the growing motif. I would have had more time, but I had not one, but two phenomenally bad false starts. I never draw anything out before I start tatting and on this piece I've been spectacularly lucky that every round has worked out just fine with my 'make it up as I go' method. This round needed some planning though. The third try was the ticket and I absolutely love the shape it's in now. 

I can't seem to decide which direction I like it best in. I think
it's this second one, but I like them both. I'm tempted to stop work right now and leave this as it, but I am equally tempted to keep working. So as a compromise, I think I'm going to leave this one be and start another from scratch and let that one grow some more. It will probably take me all day to get another just to this round though, so tomorrow's post might be a dud. It is nice to be tatting all day again though.

2 comments:

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

I really love it! It would look great framed! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is gorgeous. You are a very talented designer.