Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Slippers

So since Monday I spent the day knitting, I opted to find something to finish up the yarn leftover from the dragon cowl. I settled on some crochet slippers since my feet were cold for the first time this year. I got the pattern on Ravelry, where I am finally posting a few things. I picked the Seaspray slippers because they looked simple, but they still had an interesting design.

I was just using up the Caron simply soft yarn I had on hand and unfortunately the yarn did not make for comfy slippers. well that's not entirely true. They were perfectly comfortable to wear while lounging on the couch, but walking in them on my tile floors was actually painful as the stitches pushed into my feet. So I suppose it was sort of a wasted day. I was however forced to learn a new technique to make them, the magic ring. I'd never heard of it before, but after figuring it out, it's almost the same thing as the center ring in Armenian lace only with a crochet hook instead of a needle. I guess as long as I learned something, the day was productive.

Now I am again forced to find a new project unless I'm sent some orders in the shop in the next couple of hours. Yeah, I'm not counting on that either. I'll come up with something to make. It's just too bad my family doesn't like knit, crochet, tatted, or other fiber art gifts, then I'd have a purpose.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Very cute and thick, I like them!