Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sold

Again, I did not get done during the day what I had planned to get done. This time it was wholly my fault though. I looked outside at the cool morning and thought, 'I'm going to go out there and finish weeding the border.' Then I actually went and did it. I assumed I'd pull weeds for an hour or so. I walked in the house 4 hours later having completely filled the green waste can and finished the entire border. I took 2 Advil and sat down knowing full well that my body was going to make me regret my actions. It did, and I do.

The rest of the day I spent on the couch. I caught up with television, did a little reading and a whole lot of knotting. The doily has now reached 22 inches across, but I still have one more round before the diamond section is done so there's really nothing new there to share.

I did get another order in my shop though. This time it was for my tatted eye patch. It is, admittingly, one of my odder creations, but I like making it. It's always a challenge to get it joined just right to the wire. I've still not finished remaking it. I still have to cover the wire, which is probably the most time consuming part of this, or any of my masks.

I imagine that I'll spend most of today glued to the couch apologizing to my arms and legs for what I put them through yesterday. Luckily my hands are fine, so I can still put them to work. I might even get to rewriting that pattern today. More likely I will get this eye patch finished and then go back to knotting and reading. You know, vacation stuff.

No comments: