Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Recap

Well, my sale is finally over and I'm going to go ahead and call it a success. I still have a handful of pieces left to remake for the shop and that should keep me busy for awhile. The best part is that I sold not only tatted pieces, but also a little Armenian lace as well. Before the sale I hadn't sold much of that at all. This is the pair of barefoot sandals that I still haven't quite finished making. I should be able to get them done today.

The reason I didn't finish the sandals on Friday is because I kept putting them aside to work on other things including remaking some pineapple tassel pendants. I was pretty surprised that despite having not made them for quite some time, the new one turned out exactly the same size as the previously made ones. There are so many more variables to size with Armenian lace than with tatting. The double stitch keeps everything pretty much the same, but these had so much bare thread that you would either have to measure or hope you have a good eye. You might have guessed that I would never bother to measure, but I was surprised that I've developed a good eye for thus already.

Saturday we went over to Monterey for the day and visited the Aquarium. Sunday we recovered from the trip with a little housework and laundry. I honestly didn't touch a thread most of the weekend. That does leave me refreshed, but with quite some work this week and I am glad for it. Thank you so much to everybody out there who made a purchase and helped me celebrate 10 years of selling lace. I hope I have at least another 10 years of it in me.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

always a fun of pretty jellyfish, and love your black american lace, it is the bare threads that are so attractive and a favorite of mine :)