Monday, October 31, 2016

Weekend Recap

What a long weekend. Seriously, I started working on things right after schooling wrapped on Friday. I started by tatting up a bracelet that sold, but I couldn't find in my inventory. I'm sure it's there, but since it didn't want to be found after a couple of rummages through, it was a better use of my time to just make up a new one.

After that task was done, it was onto Halloween costumes. I got to play with some faux fur and subsequently developed a sincere dislike for the stuff. I made a set of squirrel ears and followed that up with some boot cuffs for the same Squirrel Girl costume. Then it was onto creating a utility belt out of yellow duct tape complete with pouches that started life as band-aid boxes. Don't worry, after the kids get dressed up today, I'll take photos to share.

Saturday included taking a skirt in for the other child's costume and ripping lace off shorts for the first one. That was followed by errand running and much cleaning. We ended the weekend by hosting a birthday dinner for my mother that somehow included 10 kids. I am seriously exhausted and today should be quite busy as well. There's regular schooling, then trick-or-treating at the husbands work. Then of course it's regular trick-or-treating with the cousins. Yep, it's going to be another long one.

No comments: