Thursday, February 16, 2017

Almost There

I hesitate to say that yesterday was good, but it was certainly a step in the right direction as nothing new went wrong and I actually got done the thing I said I was going to get done. The tatting on the necklace is complete. I did make a couple of small adjustments from the prototype, but mostly it's the same except in black. I'm still trying to settle on the best closure method for it. I'm leaning toward a ribbon for a corset-like closure, but I know that those are a pain to do up. I think I'll play with the other clasps I have on hand and see if any of them work better and then I should be able to get it listed in the shop.

Just in case you were wondering, that's my oldest daughter modeling the piece for me. She was the only one in the house with a v-neck on yesterday and I was being too lazy to change. I don't think it'll be too much longer before everything I make will look better on her than on me, but she's not keen on modelling. Anyway, I'm really going to try to get this listed, then I need to get prepped for tomorrow's video and finally move onto the other ideas from this motif. So if I can again avoid distractions, I should get some things done today.